accessories newborn baby toddler gift set hand-stamped
Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

picture it

indianapolis 1997. I was riding my bike to school and crossing an intersection. and then.
I got hit by a car. I flew off my bike. the song that came to my mind was from r kelly,
"I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky. spread my wings and fly away. I believe I can soar..."
I called my cousin from the er to tell him what had happened and he broke out into the song from chumbawumba
"I get knocked down but I get up again, if you ever gonna keep me down, I get knocked down but I get up again..."

it made that moment memorable forever in my mind.
fast forward to indianapolis 2009. I am wheeled into surgery on monday


I am waiting for the drugs to knock me out as the music is blaring and this is what I hear by leona lewis, "....you cut me open and I keep bleeding, I keep keep keep bleeding l.....ooo....vvv...eee". I'm out...

if you don't know these songs by the written lyrics, listen for them on my playlist!

2 comments:

Fran and Jen said...

You have the BEST stories!

Brooke W said...

Loving that I've been able to share all these memories with you...since 1996 :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones