Tuesday, March 10, 2009

dining room fun

we are on the hunt for a dining room table. I am usually not too picky about my furniture but this I am. I want this to be a dining room table we keep forever. and I want a big one. these are our contenders right now.
this is from pottery barn and is HUGE. that is what I love about it. plus it is really chunky and heavy.


table 2 from reclaimed wood and from etsy:


for chairs, I don't want your typical. I wanted to find chairs at thrift stores and reupholster them. except I don't know how to do that. I thought these would be really fun.





I love mismatched. thrift stores finds might add more character though and I could select funkier fabrics....

3 comments:

the nelson family said...

so cute! i like the 2nd table and the chairs would be adorable!

Susan said...

I actually came across Spacify.com that has a huge variety of dining room chairs and furniture with really good prices.

Cade and Cora said...

I vote for the first table and you should for sure find chairs and do them yourself! That will add lots of character and if anyone can do it, YOU CAN!