accessories newborn baby toddler gift set hand-stamped
Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 21, 2010

dreams

over the summer while we were enjoying the sunshine and fresh produce


we were also struggling with infertility. I know I have written about this a lot on my blog but it was a big part of our lives for so long. once we began fertility treatments we were given a new hope. after a few months, that hope had faded. I sunk into a deep sadness inside. I didn't like to talk about it much (this is so not like me either).
my husband was slipping into it, too, I felt.

one saturday evening I was to stay at my sister's house overnight for some reason. I can't even remember. we had just found out that we were, again, not pregnant. I decided to come home instead and when I did, I found a devastated husband. I remember walking into our bedroom and seeing his face. it is something I will never forget. he had lost hope too.

that night he explained his dream to me--to conceive naturally, for us to be pregnant and for him to watch my belly grow over 10 months. inside I felt this was never going to happen. I became even sadder because I felt I was, in a way, letting him down. I knew he did not feel this way about me though. he was expressing his dream to me and how he had always envisioned it.

the night I found out I was pregnant I was beyond shocked. I still am, somewhat.

he is now watching my belly grow


dreams do come true

5 comments:

Two Little Tots said...

wonderful story...and yes they do come true!

Fran and Jen said...

what a beautiful baby belly that is too! So excited for you both!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Gave me chills...beautifully written.

McMurrays said...

you made me cry. . what a amazing story. . thank you for sharing!

Brenna said...

all teary now... wow, still so happy for you. And happy that both of your dreams are becoming reality.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones