accessories newborn baby toddler gift set hand-stamped
Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 01, 2008

skin cancer awareness month

may is skin cancer awareness month. below are pictures of when I found out I had malignant melanoma.

it started out as this:


and turned out to be this after surgery to remove the cancer:


this month I will be celebrating my 5 year remission! this means that I will now be able to donate blood again AND be eligible for private health insurance without all the issues.

so be sure you wear your sunscreen and have
regular checkups with your dermatologist.

happy may!

2 comments:

Liz said...

What a great reminder! Thanks, I just called for my yearly skin check.

erik and kristi said...

oh sis wis, i hate to see that and remember that surgery day but i sure do love your strength!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones